Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bathroom is steamed!

Well, I did want the bathroom painted, but I gave up on it ever happening.  Our apartment manager is a very nice person, but pretty worthless when it comes to getting stuff done...unless it's the kind of repair you could withold rent over, of course.  I'll probably end up painting myself, but I don't have the time right now.  And really, I'd have to take everything down to paint anyway, no matter what the decor.  I finished the last of my steampunk inspired decorations last weekend, so I thought what the heck...might as well put it up. 

So, here's a couple before pics:

Yeah, obviously the theme is butterflies.  So, now the after:


The top part is a shower curtain I bought, and then I added the brown panel to the bottom.  There are two different kinds of shower curtain rings.  The spheres I left alone, but I added to the other ones.  All the adornments on the curtain were made by me, and are actually pins, so I can take them off easily for washing.

















This picture goes with the color scheme, but I wanted some actual steampunk art.  And I found some on Etsy...but I just ordered it.















I realized I should have made a steampunk ring holder.  Maybe later.  And yes, the light switch cover is also decorated.  And I've already figured out I put some sharp stuff in an unfortunate place.  I'm trying to think how to fix that.








 
I even found a way to disguise the light that is completely removable.  :)













Yes, this is a vase of steampunk flowers.  I just wanted to see if I could make some.  Of course, I'm seeing how long it takes the cats to trash them.










So that's my bathroom!  The color scheme is a bit darker than I'm used to, but I like it.  And I can always change back to butterflies or my other theme, giraffes if I get tired of this.  Or if the cats trash everything...and I'm sure they're thinking of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment