Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some finishes and some progress

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting for February.  I decided posting monthly goals is a bit silly if I don't post anywhere near the beginning of the month.  I think going with my yearly goals and my weekly stitching schedule is a better way to go.  And speaking of my yearly goals, I got an old WIP done!

This is Sharing the Holiday by Sanman Originals and it's a freebie from 2007, I think.  Instead of stitching the lights, I sewed on minature plastic lights, and I replaced the stitched snowflakes in the background with plastic buttons.  I got the idea from someone on the Sanman board who did the same thing.  I plan to finish it as a no sew cube.

I've also been keeping my goal of sewing every weekend (ok, almost every weekend).  I've been working on quilts.

This is a wall hanging that came as a kit.  I got the top completely it needs to be quilted.

This is square #1 of a Quilt Square of the Month quilt.  I picked up all 12 squares and the setting kit on uber clearence at Joann's a few years ago.  I'd like to finish the quilt this year.

And this is square #2.

And a small crocheted finish:

This was a request from my friend, well actually her niece, for a crocheted baby.

And now for some progress pictures of some of my WIPs.  But not all of them...I have waaaaay too many!

This is Irish Toast by Cross My Heart.  I stitched once (on Aida, argh!) for my grandmother, but I wanted one for me.  And the fabric is perfect!  It has been a WIP for far too long.

This is Minature Winter Sampler by Teresa Wentzler.  I have the autumn one done, and I was very glad to see she released the spring one last year, so I  have more incentive to finish this now.

This is Mike Vickery's Celtic Seasons, another very old WIP.  I'm trying to work on it, but it keeps getting frogs.  Stupid frogs.

And finally, good old Peacock Tapestry by Teresa Wentzler.  I started this over 10 years ago.  It is just one monster of a design, although it is gorgeous.  I was completely stuck in the pear leaves, so I gave up and moved to the grass at the bottom.  I was able to stitch that section of grass in January just working 2 days a week (Tuesday and Thursday are my TW days).  This month I'm taking a break and working on the Winter Sampler.

1 comment: